The benefits of coconut oil have been proven by almost 2,000 studies. But most people only know the obvious benefits like balancing hormones or moisturizing skin. In this article, I will share 101 powerful benefits of this superfood.
Coconut oil health and wellness uses
1. Teeth and bones: Research shows coconut oil strengthens bones and teeth since enhances absorption of calcium and magnesium.
2. Breastfeeding: Taking 3 tablespoons of coconut oil daily increases milk in breastfeeding moms.
3. Insulin: It helps regulate blood sugar levels since it increases secretion of insulin.
4. Prevent nose bleeding: Coconut oil can help prevent nose bleeding caused by extreme heat or cold.
5. Reduce stress: Massaging your head with coconut oil can relief stress and fatigue.
6. Aid Digestion: Coconut oil eliminates digestive problems because it contains saturated fats help regulate fungi and bacteria in the gut.
7. Weight loss: Taking this oil helps regulate appetite thus promoting weight loss.
8. Better nutrient absorption: It increases the bioavailability of vitamins and minerals.
9. Boost Metabolism: Research shows coconut oil boosts metabolism and fat burning.
10. Improve thyroid function: People with thyroid disorder can benefit from taking coconut oil.
11. Treat a sore throat: Taking a teaspoon of coconut oil three times a day can treat sore throats and coughs.
12. Nausea: Rubbing this oil on your forearm and inside of the wrist can fight stomach upset.
13. Improve gum health: Coconut oil pulling heals gum bleeding.
14. Cognition and productivity: Coconut oil is a source of energy that can improve cognition and productivity.
Coconut oil body and hygiene uses
15. Soften skin: Mixing coconut oil with salt and rubbing it on the skin will make it soft and smooth.
16. Remove age spots: You can fade age spots by applying coconut oil 2-3 times a day.
17. Bug bites: Apply coconut oil on bug bites to reduce itchiness and enhance healing.
18. Dandruff: Coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and removes dandruff. It also prevents oiliness in the scalp, which causes dandruff.
19. After shave: Coconut oil can be used as an after shave. It helps heal the skin and doesn’t clog pores.
20. Eye cream: Applying coconut oil on the eyelids can reduce wrinkles, puffiness, and bags.
21. Straighten hair: Rubbing it on the hair thoroughly can make it straight and wavy.
22. Treat burns: Apply it on burns to help them heal faster and prevent scars.
23. Bruises: Heals bruises and reduces swelling.
24. Lip balm: Can be used to soften and protect the lips.
25. Cradle cap: It will nourish your baby’s skin and help eliminate cradle cap.
26. Deodorant: You can use coconut oil as a deodorant.
27. Lubrication: Coconut oil can be a sex or masturbation lubricant.
28. Nipple cream: It can be used to treat dry or sore nipples.
29. Massage oil: Simply apply it on your palms and rub.
30. Treat acne: Applying it on the skin can treat acne.
31. Skin problems: It can eliminate skin problems like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
32. Remove makeup: Coconut oil does a great job rubbing off makeup.
33. Treat sunburns: Apply it on the affected area to relief sunburns.
34. Toothpaste: You can make toothpaste by mixing coconut oil with baking soda.
35. Stretch marks: Reduces stretch marks but doesn’t eliminate them completely.
36. Heal tattoos: Coconut oil helps heal and moisturize fresh tattoos.
37. Prevents and treats wrinkles
38. Treat infected ears: Apply 2-3 times a day.
39. Helps heal and repair damaged tissues.
40. Pre-shave: Applying it before shaving can prevent pimples and infections.
41. Sunscreen: It has small amounts of sun protection factor.
42. Wash your face: Apply it on your face then wash it off after 2 minutes.
43. Prevents hair loss
Coconut oil and topical health issues
44. Treat fever allergies
45. Reduces muscle soreness: Apply on a sore muscle.
46. Relief lower back pain
47. Heal athletes foot
48. Treat acne
49. Remove Warts: Apply it on the wart 3-4 times a day.
50. Reduce herpes symptoms
51. Treat pink eye: Apply around the eye.
52. Reduce itchiness
53. Remove congestion
54. Reduce cellulite
55. Apply on boils
56. Circumcision healing
57. Removes toenail fungus
58. Head lice
59. Treat gum disease
Coconut oil internal health uses
60. Reduce asthma symptoms
61. Better bowel movement
63. Prevent breast and colon cancer
64. Treats depression: Especially when combined with omega 3s.
65. Regulate blood sugar
66. Reduce epileptic seizures
67. Reduce gas and bloating
68. Cholesterol: It reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
69. Treat adrenal and chronic fatigue
70. Prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s (study)
71. Reduce autism symptoms
72. Treat candida
73. Better circulation
74. Treat colds and flu
75. Strengthen immune system
76. Treat lung disease (study)
77. Treat liver disease
78. Prevent migraines
79. Reduce ulcers symptoms
80. Prevent tooth decay
81. Treat pancreatitis
82. Prostate enlargement
83. Dissolve kidney stones
84. Eliminate brain fog
85. Reduce menstrual pain and cramps
86. Treat hemorrhoids
87. Treat Jaundice
88. Prevent throat infections
More coconut oil uses
89. Insect repellent
90. Homemade Exfoliator
91. Anti-fungal cream
92. Vapor rub and cold remedy
93. Diaper rash guard
94. Gives youthful glow
95. Reduce cracked heels dryness
96. Laundry detergent
97. Remove gum from furniture or hair
98. Shoe shiner
99. Fight inflammation
100. Prevent bone loss
101. Treat sick pets
Bonus: Prolong freshness of eggs –Applying it on egg shells prolongs the life of eggs.