Are you tired of eating the same snacks over and over? This article will show you how to prep a disease-fighting snack that will keep hunger at bay and keep you energetic. All you need is cauliflower, turmeric, and a few spices.
But let me first tell you why roasted cauliflower with turmeric is good for your health.
Benefits of cauliflower with turmeric
- Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that improve heart health, brain function and fight inflammation and cancer.
- Roasted cauliflower with turmeric is tasty and nutritious.
- Turmeric is rich in curcumin which, according to research, has anti-cancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to make roasted cauliflower with turmeric
Here is the recipe for roasting cauliflower and turmeric.
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of turmeric
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower head into florets.
- Place cauliflower into a baking dish. Add olive oil, turmeric, cumin and salt then mix.
- Cover baking dish with foil to keep florets from drying out and roast for about 35-40 min.
- Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
Why you should eat cauliflower
For one thing, cauliflower is rich in sulforaphane, a Sulphur compound which studies see as a promising tool in fighting cancer. Additionally, researchers say that combining turmeric with cauliflower can fight and lower risk of prostate cancer.
Sulforaphane, the molecule in cauliflower can also prevent chemically induced mammary tumors in animals, according to this study. And consequently the lower risk of breast cancer.
Cauliflower will fight inflammation due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, it will lower risk of diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis.
Lastly, cauliflower will increase your intake of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. One serving of cauliflower will give you about 80 percent of the vitamin C you need in a day. It also a great source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin K, choline, protein, fiber, folate, vitamin B6, and phosphorus.
These vitamins and minerals can improve brain function, aid digestion, manage stress, and much more.