A healthy diet is essential for your physical as well as mental health. Eating healthy foods may help improve memory and concentration significantly. As the most energy greedy organ in the body, how we eat also affect the brain function.
Foods Can Harm Brain Health – Avoid These Intelligence Killing Foods
- Diet sodas
- Fried foods
- Commercial muffins
- Soy sauce
- Microwave Popcorn
- Cured meats
- Frozen pizza
- Rib eye steak
- Frozen pie
- Ice cream
- Very salty foods
- Processed proteins
- Artificial Sweeteners
Remember to avoid these foods that are bad for the brain and also may result in other diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity as well as other chronic diseases. Focus instead on the following foods that improve brain function and boost your memory.
- Avocado – They are a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, together with vitamin K and potassium, makes avocado as an excellent food to boost brain function and memory. (Avocado Seeds: The Hidden Nutritional Powerhouse)
- Blueberries – They are a good source of flavonoids, which have been shown to be able to boost brain function by enhancing neuron connections in the brain.
- Spinach – This green leafy vegetable can prevent dementia and slow the aging of the brain.
- Tomatoes – Lycopene in tomatoes is a powerful antioxidant, that may protect the cells from the damage of free radicals. People who eat tomatoes often have a lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are good sources of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are essential nutrients to improve brain power. The rich vitamins such as vitamin E and vitamin B6 in walnuts are also good for brain health.
- Rosemary – As an antioxidant, rosemary has many great medicinal properties to benefit your overall health. It improves blood flow to the brain and also helps people with depression.
- Whole Grains – They are packed with choline, an important nutrient to sharpen attention span and improve memory.
- Broccoli – It’s a good source of folic acid and vitamin K, which are essential for maintaining a sharp brain function. Broccoli also with other disease-fighting properties to keep your whole body healthy.
- Capers – They are rich in quercetin, which works well to stimulate memory by improving the blood flow to your brain.
- Dark Chocolate – The cocoa in dark chocolate has been proven to improve blood flow to the brain. It not only a good agent to improve memory, but also a good mood-booster.
More Related Reading: