Strep throat is very common during the cold and flu seasons, it’s an inflammation of the throat and tonsils caused by the infection with group A streptococcus bacteria. Most common symptoms of this contagious disease are including:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swollen tonsils
- While spots on throat
- Nausea and stomach illness
- Excessive sweating
- Poor appetite
Untreated strep throat can lead to many other serious problems and normally people are looking for treatment with antibiotics, which can make the illness disappear quickly. While there are various home remedies and herbal cures for strep throat, although they can’t replace the traditional medicine completely, they still have ability to relieve the symptoms and speed up the process of recovery without any side effects.
1. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective natural solutions for strep throat. It helps fight the infection and get rid of the bacteria that lead to the infection due to it strong anti-bacterial properties.
When you’re suffering from strep throat, mix 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water, gargle with the water some times a day for a few days until you feel better.
2. Chamomile tea is also a wonderful remedy for strep throat. It has good analgesic properties which can provide a quick relief for throat pain.
3. Thanks to its antibiotic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, garlic is also popular for treating many infections, including strep throat. The rich vitamins in garlic such as vitamin C and Vitamin B6 are also promoting the recover process.
You can make a cup of warm tea with garlic to get relief from strep throat. Add one teaspoon of grated garlic, one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon to the boiled water. Let the water keep boiling for a moment and then strain it. Drink it 2-3 times a day.
4. Gargle with warm salt water is the most simple way to deal with the pain caused by strep throat. As the solution will provide a soothing effect on the throat and salt will help kill the bacteria that lead to the infection.
5. Sage is one of them too, for treating strep throat. This natural herb reduces inflammation and protects the soft tissues of the throat. Make juice with sage leaves or simply chewing the leaves to get a relief of the soreness.
6. Cinnamon is believed to be useful for treating strep throat, this spice contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties to provide relief from lots of infections. A solution made of cinnamon powder, honey and a cup of hot boiling water is helpful.
7. Sunflower oil can also cure the soreness caused by strep throat, the high levels of vitamin E in it also do as a natural moisturizer to help relieve the symptoms.
Drink one teaspoon of sunflower oil slowly to make sure the throat gets coated with it. Do it twice a day until the soreness is relieved.
Besides, it’s important to care of your diet for strep throat . Remember to avoid spicy and acidic foods which may make the infection more worse and slow down the process of healing. It’s recommended to eat soft foods such as soft fruits, vegetables, yogurt, eggs, soups and mashed potatoes.
Live Healthy Naturally, Read More Natural Living Tips: