This is a simple juice recipe that made with elderberries which is beneficial to beat colds and flu, and the active compounds in the elderberries are also responsible for boosting immune system and fighting illness.
To make this elderberry juice, prepare:
-16 ounces of elderberry liquid ( To make elderberry juice, choose some fresh elderberries and put in a saucepan, add water to cover the elderberries. Bring the saucepan until boiled and turn off the heat, then leave it for some hours. Stain the juice into a container)
-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
-1 tablespoon of honey
-Mix the elderberry juice with the lemon juice in the saucepan and heat to boiled. Simmer for half an hour and remove from heat.
-Add the honey to taste, drink this juice when it’s warm.
How This Elderberry Juice Can Prevent or Cure Colds and Flu
According to studies, consuming elderberries regularly helps improve your immune system to fight illness and protect against influenza.
Elderberries prevents colds and flu in two ways:
Firstly, elderberry has been shown to help kill various bacteria that may cause upper respiratory infections.
Secondly, elderberry protects the body at a cellular level. This fruit inhibits damaging inflammation and boost your immune system.
Researchers found that eat elderberries made the symptoms of colds and flu relieved a few days earlier than took the medications to treat the problems.
Besides this benefit of elderberries to help people deal with the colds and flu, it could be used to treat many other diseases:
- Elderberries are loaded with flavonoids that protect cells against infection to prevent aging and damage;
- Elderberries are rich in vitamin A, B and C, all of which are essential to boost your immune system and help you stay healthy;
- With anti-inflammatory properties, elderberries have ability to reduce pain and aches;
- Elderberries are rich in dietary fiber that is important for digestive health. Regularly consuming elderberries may help eliminate constipation and reduce gas;
- Some active antioxidant ingredients in elderberries help people prevent diabetes by regulating insulin and glucose levels;
- Elderberries are good for bone health with the rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds they contain;
- A study performed by C. Chrubasik in the Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University of Freiburg in Germany showed elderberries are also beneficial in promoting weight loss. More studies are still required for this benefit of elderberries.
More Posts By Author Alex Jordon.