Summer is coming to an end, which means that parents like myself need to begin thinking of healthy and fast lunchbox ideas for their children. My poor daughter got burned out on her peanut butter and honey sandwiches last year so I’m taking to the Internet this year to get inspiration and ideas that won’t cause any more stress than necessary in the morning or a meltdown in the cafeteria. It goes without saying that all of these items should be GMO-free, organic and free range whenever possible.
Here is a round-up of lunch box ideas from the web:
- Homemade Dutch Apple Pie – Not necessarily lunch-box specific (the mom’s kids aren’t in school yet), this site has many recipes for common foods that are made from scratch (think gluten-free Oreos, graham crackers, ice cream). It’s a great resource!
- What The Girls Are Having – If you’ve been toying with the idea of a Bento Box this year, make sure to bookmark this blog. The creator is on day 419 of different Bento Box lunches for her girls.
- Healthy Ideas Place – This post is specifically about brainstorming and prepping school lunches to minimize the stress and potential anguish that can go with it.
- Childhood 101 – Do you have a picky eater who does not like sandwiches? You will love this post with links to dozens of sandwich-less recipes. Here’s a link to the original sandwich-less post with even more ideas.
- Inhabitots – Is your child a vegetarian? Here’s a link to seven vegetarian lunch box ideas.
- Organized Chaos Online – Claiming to be “easy peasy” here are 28 Bento Box lunch ideas, some requiring a little more time and effort than others.
- Completely Nourished – A compilation of recipes and meal ideas for additive-free lunches. This is definitely a resource to check out!
What do you pack your kids?