Let’s get real for a minute. People around the world that are getting fatter, we have a weight issue on our hands. According to the Wall Street Journal 30% of the world’s population is obese. Now, before you go and buy the latest ‘must have’ weight loss product, save yourself some time and money. Although a healthy diet and regular exercise should always be your first choice, when the situation does not allow, a quality thermogenic supplement can help burn fat and lose weight.
Let’s get one thing straight: fat burners are not magic pills. But, they are highly effective in getting rid of excess fat when combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan. The word thermogenic means to produce heat. A thermogenic fat burner increases your core body temperature and in turn your metabolism. These supplements contain high potency vitamins, herbs, energizers, and other fat burning ingredients to produce the warmer effect.
Thermogenic supplements have been used for decades, bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger used them when competing in the 1980’s to burn more fat, increase their metabolic rate, and produce energy.
The best thermogenics combine ingredients that reduce your appetite, increase your body temperature, and boost metabolism.
Benefits of Thermogenic Supplements
- Burns pure body fat: An effective thermogenic increases body temperature and allows your body to burn excess fat faster than normal.
- Increases metabolism: A thermogenic fat burner increase your overall metabolic rate. This means you are burning more calories whether you are exercising, recovering, or even resting.
- Better endurance: The boost of energy that a thermogenic provides means that you will find that yourself less fatigued and able to workout harder and for longer.
Key Fat-Burning Ingredients To Look For
Until 2004, all of the top thermogenics included the now infamous ingredient ephedra. Since the FDA banned the use of ephedra in over-the-counter thermogenics, supplement companies have been vying to come up with competitive non-ephedra products, some with more success than others. Here are some key ingredients to look for when shopping for a thermogenic:
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is an extremely effective stimulant that helps improve exercise performance, increase alertness, replenish depleted glycogen levels, and reduce muscle soreness post-workout.
- Green Tea: This superfood has been proven to burn calories, reduce body fat and increase your metabolism.
- Yohimbine: Proven to cause lipolysis, or fat to release from fat cells; Yohimbe is well-known for its ability to treat male impotence, but it’s also an effective ingredient in thermogenics.
- L-Carnitine: An amino acid composed of lysine and methionine that’s responsible for the transporting of fat used for energy; L-carnitine has been shown to improve workout performance, increase anabolic hormone response, elevate energy levels and most importantly burn fat.
Tips When Selecting a Thermogenic Supplement:
- Maintain a Solid Nutrition and Exercise Plan: Fat burners are not a magic pill. It is merely an addition supplement that should be used in combination with healthy nutrition and exercise. You can obtain short-term results using of a thermogenic, but any permanent change requires dedication and work.
- Buy Proven Brands: Only purchase well-known brands with products that have scientifically tested results.
- Understand Possible Side-Effects: Once you take a thermogenic, your central nervous system will increase, causing the body to burn more energy and calories because of the increased demand of your body. This effect leads to a loss of body fat. As a result, some people may find that a fat burner may cause shaking, a similar feeling when you drink too much coffee. If you are very sensitive to caffeine, you should probably avoid thermogenic supplements.
- Read User Reviews: There is a wealth of knowledge and opinions found on popular forums and to assist you before buying any supplement you purchase. Use sites like Reddit and Amazon to be informed about the benefits and limitations of fat burner supplements.
Many people trying to lose weight succeed by reducing calories and consuming a low carb or low glycemic (low sugar) diet . Adding supplements can help accelerate the burning fat process so you can lose the last bit of that stubborn fat.
Remember to consult your physician before starting any diet or exercise program.