It is one of the earliest vegetables cultivated by man, believed to be originated in Africa. Bottle gourd, not very familiar to the western world, is one of the favorite vegetables in Indian Cuisine. It grows in humid weather of India, Sri Lanka and other tropical countries.
Bottle Gourd Juice for Diabetics
Bottle gourd or Lauki juice is an excellent remedy for the excessive thirst caused by diabetes, diarrhea, and over consumption of fatty foods. A glass of bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt quenches the thirst, prevents fatigue due to loss of sodium and keeps you refreshed in summers.
Bottle gourd is very valuable in treating urinary disorders. It serves as an alkaline mixture for treating burning sensation in urinary passage due to high acidity of urine.A glassful of fresh juice prepared by grating the whole fruit should be mixed with teaspoonful of lime juice and included in daily diet.It carries the potential for breaking calculus (stones) in body.
Balancing Liver Function
This vegetable is very good for balancing liver function. It is often recommended by ayurvedic physicians when the liver is inflamed and cannot efficiently process food for maximum nutrition and assimilation.
Its high water content makes it very cooling. The cooked Bottle Gourd is cooling, calming, diuretic and easy to digest. It is also effective against constipation and other digestive disorders.
Reduction of blood pressure
You must have heard people suffering from high blood pressure. Now, this can be eradicated with the consumption of Bottle gourd juice. You can stay well and healthy for a long time if you have reduction of blood pressure level and get a proper and healthy diet, blood pressure level will be reduced.
The bitter variety is prescribed as a cardiac tonic, as an antidote to poisoning and for alleviating bronchitis, cough, asthma and biligenic affections.
Here 10 More Health Benefits Of Bottle Gourd Juice
1. Bottle gourd contains the 92% water and the remaining is easily digestible fiber. So it is the easily digestive food.
2. The glucose and sugar related compounds are nearly nil in the bottle gourd. So it the one of the food option for the diabetic patients.
3. This bottle gourd is the one of the body heat control food. It keeps your body temperature at normal level.
4. Bottle gourd juice is widely used for the weight loss. Take the fresh bottle gourd and peel the skin of the veggie and make the bottle gourd into small pieces. Take those pieces into juicer and make them as juice. Filter the juice from the waste. This bottle gourd juice helps to reduce the weight.
5. Bottle gourd helps to reduce the blood sugar levels. Take the bottle gourd in the daily diet or to make the habit of drinking the bottle gourd juice daily helps a lot to the diabetic patients.
6. It helps reduce the inflammations in the liver and kidneys.
7. This bottle gourd juice is also helpful in treating the diarrhea. Take the bottle gourd juice with the pinch of the salt heals the diarrhea.
8. Better food for the persons those who are suffering with the constipation. The water and fiber in the bottle gourd make the digestive system free and active and relive from the constipation.
9. Sesame oil mixed with the bottle gourd in the equal amounts and applied to hair and scalp in before going to bed helps for the good sleep. It is one of the remedy for the insomnia.
10. Bottle gourd helps to treat the urinary tract infection. Take the fresh bottle gourd juice and squeeze the fresh lime in that juice mix the both take it internally. Best remedy for the urinary infections.
Bottle gourd juice serves as a good source of vitamin C. Vitamin C’s antioxidant activity shields your cells from damage, preventing the oxidation of DNA that leads to genetic mutations. It also regulates your blood cholesterol levels, plays a role in brain function and helps you make collagen, a protein important for tissue strength. Each cup of bottle gourd juice boasts 26 milligrams of vitamin C. This makes up 29 percent of the daily intake for men and 35 percent for women, recommended by the Institute of Medicine.
Bottle Gourd – 1 medium (washed, peel if required) (for approx 2 glass)
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Fresh Mint or Cilantro Leaves: 15-20
Black Pepper – 1-2 pinch
Black salt – to taste (optional)
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2-3 tsp
Ice cubes as required
Water as required
1. Wash, dice & blend bottle gourd (lauki), ginger, mint leaves with a cup of water in a blender for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add another cup of water, lemon juice, black salt, pepper powder, cumin powder & ice cubes and blend it for another two to three minutes.
3. Strain into individual glasses and serve chilled.
In 2010, the humble Bottle gourd was also in the news when a CSIR scientist died after drinking Bottle gourd. After this unfortunate case, a public advisory was issued to avoid such cases. The advisory suggested not to mix Bottle gourd with any other vegetable juice.
It is important to first taste a small piece of bottle gourd for bitterness. If the same is found to be bitter, then the discard the vegetable immediately. A research has revealed that a bitter bottle gourd has a high toxic component called Tetracyclic Triterpenoid Cucurbitacins, which can cause serious side effects.
The toxicity may show symptoms, such as vomiting, diarrhea, nausea or gastrointestinal bleeding. Seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
http://readanddigest.com bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt quenches the thirst, prevents fatigue due to loss of sodium and keeps you refreshed
https://beautyhealthtips.in fresh juice prepared by grating the whole fruit should be mixed with teaspoonful of lime juice and included in daily diet