Castor oil is often overlooked for its benefits for the skin and hair because of its extremely thick and sticky consistency. However, if you’re looking for a cheap, natural remedy for several common skin and hair complaints, then castor oil is definitely worth your time.
Castor oil contains fatty acid triglycerides (more than 90 percent of them belong to ricinoleic acid). This compound makes castor oil one of the best healing products that are among natural oils. It has been scientifically proven that ricinoleic acid has the ability to prevent and eliminate many viruses, bacteria, molds, and yeasts.
It has been used since ancient times in people who have had problems with constipation first orally. But, since it is modern times, castor oil is mostly applied on troublesome areas on the body and it is taken orally only in rare cases. Castor oil is not expensive and it is highly effective.
This oil comes from the plant Ricinus Communis and t originated in India. Scientists recognized this plant as one of the most beneficial plants when it comes to human health, but it is also one of the most dangerous plants in the world because of its strong toxic properties. Because of the extraction process, castor oil is not dangerous.
The Many Castor Oil Benefits and Uses
Castor oil has a long list of useful properties.
- Helps the intestinal system with dysentery and inflammatory bowels.
- Menstrual Disorders. Castor oil is known to relax the muscles involved in menstrual cramps.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Regrows and thickens hair. Castor oil is loaded with omega 9 fatty acids, which nourish the follicles and hair. Castor oil is able to penetrate into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Just massage a couple of drops of castor oil into your hair.
- Skin Problems
- Improves Lymphatic Flow. According to Dr David Williams, “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the topical application of Castor oil.”
- Anti – Castor oil consists of ricinoleic acid, which has anti – inflammatory properties. It is used for reducing swelling and inflammation of tissues and joints.
- Yeast Infections. Ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is able inhibit the growth of bacteria, virus and yeast’.
- Dandruff and Hair. Due to germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties, castor oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and helps protect the scalp from microbial and fungal infections.
- Due to its anti – inflammatory properties, castor oil promotes regular bowel movement.
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Due to the ricinoleic acid in castor oil, many skin problems can be treated with it.