You may know about lots of amazing ways we can use baking soda in home, from cleaning to making beauty products. This inexpensive while effective product has been used in so many ways in the daily life. But do you know that drinking baking soda can be very healthy too? The healing powers of these drinks can drastically improve your health in many ways.
Below are 3 healthy baking soda drinks you can try:
1. Green Tea and Baking Soda – Good for Weight Loss
- Organic green tea
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
Mix the baking soda in the green tea and you get a great metabolism booster. This drink is super good for weight loss. Catechins, theanine and caffeine, these three substances work together to block enzymes that are responsible for fat storage in the body, thus promoting weight loss.
And the fat burning power of green tea will be stronger when you combine it with baking soda, as an acidic environment is not optimal for burning fat. The join of baking soda encourages optimal PH in the body. And a balanced PH level also prevents other types of illness.
2. Lemon Juice with Baking Soda – Boosts Energy and Even Fight Cancers
- 1 cup (about 7 oz) organic lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Distilled water
The preparation is very easy, just mixed the ingredients together and the drink is ready. To get a better result, drink it before breakfast on an empty stomach every morning.
It’s highly recommended to use organic lemon as it’s said that organic ones are 100 times more efficient than those grown with artificial fertilizers and sprayed with chemicals.
Lemon has several benefits that are already been proven:
- It is alkalizing for the body to prevent lots of illness;
- It is rich in vitamin C to fight against colds and flu;
- It is a good liver detoxifier to deal with the normal liver problems;
- It helps the bowel movement and eliminates the waste from the body;
- It helps to cure kidney stones with the help of citric acid it contains;
- It combats many diseases due to its powerful antibacterial properties;
- It even stops the cell division in cancer cells and studies have found that lemon contains 22 anti-cancer compounds.
And lemon juice with baking soda, this healing combination is said to have effect 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda – Cures Acid Reflux
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 ounce water
Mix the apple cider vinegar into water, then add the baking soda to the mixture, stir to mix it well. Wait for a few minutes before you drink it as this mixture will foam.
This is an effective way to cure acid reflux , as the alkaline nature of baking soda can neutalize the excess stomach acid in no time. And for apple cider vinegar, it is said that the acetic acid in it can maintain stomach acid at a PH level of around 3.0, which is strong enough to continue digesting food, but too mild to aggravate the esophagus.
You can also mix 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into warm water and drink it before meal to prevent acid reflux.