There is no doubt that ginger ale is a wonderful drink, especially when you make it by yourself with real ginger! WHY? You will know the reason after considering this fact:
How much ginger does typical ginger ale actually contain?
If you see the label of the typical ginger ale, you may even don’t see real ginger on the label, instead of “natural flavors”. Use “natural flavors” as opposed to real ginger means that the makers chose a much cheaper ingredient which might has very less or even none health benefits.
And besides, artificial color is added in these drinks and with hidden artificial sweeteners too.
It’s time to say no to these commercial brands which are using an artificial ginger flavor or very little real ginger with high fructose corn syrup. Homemade ginger ale with real, fresh ginger is simple, and most important, you will get its tons of benefits.
Ginger is such a popular herbal remedy that can be used to treat many health issues:
- A single slice of ginger contains 18 amino acids and several vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, iron and Vitamin C.
- Treats stomach problems like nausea, morning sickness, upset stomach, gas and diarrhea.
- The heat-generating properties of ginger makes the drink warms the body and fights against cold.
- Reduces inflammation and eases arthritic pain and muscle soreness. Fresh ginger also increases joint mobility and induces relaxation.
- Regular intake of this natural drink can be helpful in preventing ovarian cancer.
Homemade real ginger ale with real, fresh ginger
- Fresh Ginger root
- Sparkling water
- Agave Syrup(or honey)
- Peel ginger roots and slice into quarter sized discs
- Put 2 cups ginger slices in a medium pot
- Add water to the pot (2 parts water to 1 part ginger)
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and leave it for an hour
- Mix agave syrup(or honey) with 2 cups of ginger liquid, stir to mix them well then keep in refrigerator to let it cool.
- Squeeze lime juice and add ice to a glass with 1/4 cup of the ginger/agave liquid, 3/4 cup of sparkling water. Enjoy.
You may also like: