History Of Black Soap: African black soap aka (Ose dudu) translated into”black Soap” which originated with the Yoruba people of Nigeria, Benin and Togo. It has been used for centuries by Ghanaians and Nigerians as a body cleanser for bathing; also as a shampoo for hair and scalp. Black soap is all natural offering a broad range of benefits for relieving irritated skin, scalp, to battling with your worse case of athletes foot.
How is Black Soap made? Black soap is made using dried plantain peels, cocoa pods, cocoa powder which are cooked in a oven and turned into ash. Water is added along with, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and shea butter. Then heated and stirred by tribal women for about 24 hours. When the soap solidifies it is scooped and set out to cure for two weeks.
Top 10 Benefits of African Black Soap:
African Black Soap is high in iron, vitamins A, E, and rich in antioxidants.
1. Acne treatment: Useful in preventing the formation of acne pimples, also suitable for all skin types.
2. Skin Firming: Improves skin tone/texture by firming and toning skin.
2. Natural Astringent: Removes excess oil from skin without over drying.
3. Help Skin Conditions: Very beneficial for reducing inflammation and discomforts that are associated with skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
4. Hair Benefits: Black soap has high moisturizing properties that embraces the detangling task; with assistance from shea butter and coconut oil, softness is added without stripping or damaging the hair.
5. Anti-aging benefits: Regular use of black soap helps to remove facial lines, and promotes younger looking skin with anti-aging benefits.
6. Antioxidants: Loaded with antioxidants that help to protect the skin from sun damage, and free radical, also good for preventing cancer cells.
7. Lightens Dark Spots: Helps to even skin tone from spots and discolorations.
8. Kills Germs: Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
9. Prevents Stretch Marks: Women in Africa use black soap during and after pregnancy to keep from getting dry skin and stretch marks.
10. Pure & Natural: Unlike many soaps on the market; black soap is 100% natural/vegan, and contains no preservatives, color enhancers, or fragrances.